Florida State 9u Closed Base Rules
9u “Closed Bases” Local Rules
- The 9u division in all FL USSSA Tournaments will be “Closed Base” unless specifically advertised prior to the tournament start that the division will be “Open Bases.”
- The base distance will be 65’ and the pitching distance will be 46’.
- There will be no lead-offs.
- Batters cannot advance to 1st base on a dropped 3rd
- Base Runners cannot leave the base until the ball reaches home plate. If a runner leaves early and is retired, the out will stand. If the runner leaves early and is safe, the umpire will return the base runner to the original base. If the runner leaves early and the batter hits the ball, the runner can only advance 1 base in front of the batter.
- Runners CAN steal home and score on wild pitch/passed balls.
- There are NO BALKS in 9u “Closed Base”.
- Any rule not specifically mentioned in the FL USSSA 9u “Closed Base” Rules will revert to the Official USSSA Playing Rules. Florida USSSA reserves the right to change or amend any 9u “Closed Base” Rules at any time. Any changes to the Florida USSSA 9u “Closed Base” Rules will be made prior to the start of an event and will be posted online prior to the event.